Almost 40,000 Maruti Suzuki Swifts Have Been Booked Since its Launch

Almost 40,000 Maruti Suzuki Swifts Have Been Booked Since its Launch

With almost 40,000 sold in its first month of sales, the fourth-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift is off to a strong start. The popular hatchback was introduced last month. The Swift was the brand’s best-selling model in May, outpacing vehicles like as the Dzire and WagonR, according to Maruti Suzuki, which reported a wholesale of 19,393 Swift units.

The 40,000 bookings figure is a fairly good reaction for the car, as the business only offered the petrol version of the new Swift. With the introduction of the CNG models in a few months, Maruti Suzuki expects the numbers to increase even higher.

According to Maruti Suzuki, the manual versions of the new Swift continue to be the most popular, accounting for over 83 percent of bookings; the AMT variants account for the remaining 17 percent. Additionally, the business disclosed that roughly 50% of reservations are for the mid-spec VXI model.

Prices for the new Maruti Suzuki Swift range from 6.49 lakh to 9.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The carmaker recently announced a ₹5,000 price reduction for all of its AMT vehicles in an effort to increase sales of the AMT versions of its small car lineup.

A newly built 1.2-liter three-cylinder Z-Series engine producing 80 horsepower and peak torque of 112 Nm is also included in the 2024 Swift lineup. Although the new engine’s power output is lower than that of the previous 1.2-liter K-Series motor, Maruti Suzuki claims that the car will have a fuel economy of 25.72 km/l.

Sanchita Patil

error: Content is protected !!