Damon Bruce reports that the 49ers did not make an offer to Deebo Samue
Earlier today, Pro Football Network’s Tony Palin reported that the San Francisco 49ers have placed on the table for wide receiver Debo Samuel less than the $ 19 million annual baseline offer. To some, like Samuel’s camp, such an offer may seem outrageous.
Damon Bruce of 95.7 The Game says the situation is even worse, as the 49ers have yet to make an offer to Samuel and his agent. Now, it’s worth noting that there are a lot of speculations currently circulating around the NFL media landscape, so it’s hard to decide what’s right and what’s wrong. Only Samuel, his agent, and 49 others know the truth, as Samuel recently stated, and none of them discuss the situation.
“While there are stories against the Niners taking an opening position in front of Debo Samuels, it is from someone very close to me (the situation) that 49 people have not yet placed an offer on the table,” Bruce said on Thursday. “And it’s not a situation where they don’t like the opener’s offer, they think it’s a low ball and so they’re insulted. You are our player. “
If accurate … that’s it. This will definitely create problems.
Bruce continued, “Apparently there’s a bit of disrespectful dialogue in the case of Camp Debo.” “But, as Niners said, they are willing to pay the price. They have not yet told Debo Samuel what the price is. I am informing you [that] sources close to the negotiations say Niners have yet to pay the price. An opening offer.”
Bruce continued, “I’d like to challenge Matt Mayoco, Matt Barrows, anyone close enough to get to the bottom of this answer to prove me wrong.
Perhaps the 49ers will shed some light on the situation on Monday when the team hosts its annual pre-draft media session. Last year, it featured both general manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan. Of course, the team was reluctant to do so, and it is unlikely that much will be known about the situation in the draft after a few days.