Eric Holder was found guilty in the death of rapper Nipsi Hustle
Eric Holder, the man accused in the fatal shooting of Grammy-nominated rapper Nipsi Hustle, was convicted Wednesday of first-degree murder, CBS Los Angeles reported. The jury debated for about six hours before reaching a verdict.
According to the Associated Press, the 32-year-old holder was also charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder after two close associates were shot – but the jury found him guilty of two counts of voluntary homicide instead.
Hussle, born Ermias Asghedom, was shot dead in March 2019 outside a Los Angeles clothing store. He was 33 years old.
When the lawsuit began last month, prosecutors said Holder’s attack was premeditated and premeditated. Deputy District Attorney John McKinney said the “undoubted” holder knew he was going to kill Hustle, adding that Holder shot Hustle at least 10 times and kicked him in the head before fleeing, according to the AP.
McKinney said the pair had an argument – Hassle had heard the holder was a snitch and he “wanted to make it clear,” the AP reported. The deputy district attorney said the pair, along with Hasley’s two friends, had a “cool conversation” with Holder before the attack, noting that Hasley had no security with him when he visited his store.
However, it was difficult for the plaintiffs to get witnesses to testify. According to the AP, the reason for their reluctance was given by a police officer for fear of being seen as a snitch.
Holder’s attorney, Aaron Janssen, meanwhile, told the jury that Hustle’s murder was not planned, and said Holder’s intention was not to shoot the two detainees. He pinned the “hot passion” attack, the AP reported.
Last week, Holder was attacked by “several individuals” while in a prison holding cell, Jensen told CBS News. He was allegedly cut off and taken to the hospital, where he received an MRI and had a staple on the back of his head, Jansen said.